MatchPoint NYC trains their own Lifeguards to ensure the highest quality of service.
Provides entry-level participants the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until EMS personnel take over.
- Minimum age: 15
- Swim 300 yards continuously
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
To successfully complete the course candidates must attend all training sessions, pass two written tests (80% or higher) and in-water scenarios (completed to the objective). At course completion, candidates will receive a certificate in Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR & AED. The certificate is valid for two years, some restrictions apply for New York State.
The American Red Cross Lifeguarding Program includes:
• The latest science in emergency cardiovascular and resuscitative care as well as leading drowning and response research.
• Efficient extrication techniques to remove passive victims from the water.
• Efficient, safe water rescue techniques providing options for the variety of aquatic facility types and characteristics.
• Training in individual response with a strong focus on team response.
• Timed standards for successful course completion resulting in the creation of strong lifeguards.
• Course options, such as traditional in-person training or blended learning.
• Zone testing drills for lifeguards and managers.
• Lifeguarding Instructor/Instructor Trainer Review course.
• Training options to meet the needs of aquatic facilities including pools, waterparks, aquatic attractions and non-surf waterfronts.
• Two-year certification for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED.
Minimum class size is 5 people, maximum is 10