Many athletic injuries can be prevented by increasing awareness among kids, adults, and coaches. Additional prevention techniques include selecting the right equipment, stretching before and after exercising, good nutrition, and following a conditioning program. We follow several protocols to prevent injuries in athletes who come to our clubs. Now is the time to carefully evaluate your athletes and ease them back into sports after such a long break.
– Take the time to warm up and stretch.
– Recommend to use the appropriate gear including shoes for each sport.
– Gradually add strenuous exercises to ensure children can comfortably ease back into athletics.
– Perform fitness/conditioning with bodyweight only (no weights) in young children.
– Establish a good stretching program that can be done at the club and home.
– Tape or brace joints if they are unstable or have a history of injury.
– Hydrate 30 minutes prior to practice/match.