Many insurance companies are serious about motivating their members to get engaged and make smarter choices for better health.
Healthier employees get sick less, don’t miss work, and cost less to the insurance provider. That is the simplest explanation as to why most insurance companies will reimburse you for going to the gym. Starting or staying with an exercise routine isn’t always easy. To help you stay motivated and achieve your fitness goals, many insurance companies require that you attend a set amount of times in order to reimburse you toward your fitness center membership fees.
You can get reimbursed for going to the gym an average of two-to-three times per week. We know that staying with an exercise routine isn’t always easy, and this can help you stay motivated and healthy.
Things to know:
- Check with your insurance company on details of reimbursement and how many times you need to attend.
- To receive reimbursement, you must participate in a gym and/or program that promotes cardiovascular wellness.
- How much can you get reimbursed? Please check your benefits documents or check with your benefits administrator to determine how much you (and your spouse or domestic partner) may be reimbursed.
- The reimbursement period begins on the date of your initial visit to the gym and ends six months from that date. Subsequent reimbursement periods begin one day after your previous reimbursement period ended.
- Most insurance plans will pay up to $600 per year in reimbursements
- You need to collect 3 things:
- Copy of your current gym bill, showing the monthly cost of your membership;
- Proof of payment for each of the six months you are submitting for reimbursement (i.e., credit card statement, payroll deduction, automatic bank withdrawal, etc.);
- Copy of the brochure that outlines the services the gym offers.
Your insurance company will require you to fill out a form. Some form examples can be found below. Since each company offers many different plans, please call your HR department to get the form you need.
MatchPoint NYC promotes health and wellness and is an approved cardiovascular wellness gym facility. We are committed to helping all of our members receive all the correct paperwork in order to get reimbursed from their insurance provider.
Stop by the front desk and ask for a membership adviser who will print out a list of all your facility check-ins and let us know if we can help with anything else.
Enrollment period will close before the year end. Enroll today and FIND YOUR GAME!